Choose the theme you are interested in:
Yes. No dog is 100% Hypoallergenic, but if you suffer from pet allergies from dog dander or dog fluids, you should arrange to visit with a maltese puppy to test your comfort level. Maltese breeds do not have fur, therefore they do not shed, but will still shed a small amount of dander.Dog Pedigree Papers / Can I Register My Dog ?
Our dogs are registered with APRI to show the dogs are purebreds. You can register your new puppy if you like, but it is not required. Only if you want to enter your dog into a show. Most people buy dogs as pets and papers are not needed. We will give you a brochure and its up to you.Do You Offer Any Guarantee for Puppy's Health ?
Yes. We offer a 1 year health guarantee that your new puppy is in good health and free of any hereditary or genetic defects that would be detrimental to puppy leading a quality life. (Liver Shunt, Pancreas, Kidneys..etc. If puppy is sick with a major health disease within the first year of their life we will replace puppy with a healthy puppy.
What to Look for In Selecting a New Maltese Puppy?
Puppies will be playful, the nose should be slightly moist, but not excessive and the coat should be clean, soft, and shiny without shedding.
- Maltese are generally healthy dogs with only a few severe health issues. Some to watch of for are:
1. HGE - Sudden bout of vomiting and bloody diarrhea. Take to Vet Immediately if Seen.
2. Patellar Luxation - Dislocated kneecap.
3. Collapsed Trachea - Dogs throat becomes weakened and loses shape.
4. Liver Shunt - Malformations causing abnormal blood flow through liver.
5. Bladder Stones - Urinary Calculi forming in urinary tract or bladder.
6. Hypoglycemia - Rapid drop in blood sugar.
7. Patent Ductus Arteriosus - Heart defects.
8. Reverse Sneezing - rapid breathing, snorting or honking most common caused by over excitement, eating / drinking to fast, or getting yanked by leash. Usually stops in couple minutes, No Vet is Required. Keep dog calm, you can try rub throat or cover nostrils to force breathing thru their mouth.
What Vaccinations Does My Maltese Puppy Need?
At ages 6-8 weeks, puppy will need Distemper, Parvovirus, Nemex II (Dewormed), and Fecal Exam. At 12 weeks puppy will need 2nd set of shots; Distempter, Parvovirus, Corona, and Bordetella. At 16 Weeks puppy would get 3rd set plus rabbies. Your Vet will set all these up with you after your initial health check within 3 days of purchasing a new maltese puppy.
Can I Give My New Puppy a Bath?
Yes, After puppy is 8 weeks old, you can bath your puppy at home 1 time a month. Any more can dry out the puppy's skin and cause puppy to itch.
Crate training is the best method. Buy a small sized crate big enough that dog with have room to stand, turn around, and move comfortable. Dogs will not soil where they sleep.
1. Take dog outside at regular intervals, every couple hours for new puppies.
2. Take dog outside first thing in morning, after each feeding, nap, play sessions, and before bed.
3. Dogs will start sniffing when its time, be alert of dog's patterns.
4. When dog relieves themselves outside, praise them for the good job.
5. Be patient. After continual training, dogs will learn.